Saturday, June 2, 2012

24. The Mighty Garbanzo Bean (chickpea salad)

I'm here for a post equally as short as the time it takes to make this dish. It's a chickpea salad recipe I got from the celebrated blog Orangette, and one that I've enjoyed as a snack with pita chips and as a lunch side.

I also ate it with tomato-cheese toast, carrot sticks and black coffee for
breakfast one day.

The ingredients are so simple you probably have them on hand right now:

1 can of chickpeas (15 ounce; drained)
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
a good grating of hard cheese

I booted the salt from the recipe as my can was salty enough, and upped the lemon quantity and added the zest. I used parmigiano-reggiano as suggested but I think it would be equally delicious with an asiago or hard goat cheese. 

Eat this up. It's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment